Safaricom Investment Cooperative’s key objective is to pursue investments for the maximization of member’s contributions and thereby creating wealth for its shareholders.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of the evolving market, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At SIC, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Purpose of the Job
The jobholder will be an in-house counsel for SIC. The position holder will also ensure that work is carried out to the standards, specification, and schedule stipulated by SIC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting sale agreements on SIC’s various projects
- Reviewing agreements from SIC’s service providers
- Review of agreements from Sellers of Land to SIC
- Negotiating contracts on behalf of SIC
- Drafting Transfers
- Researching on different areas of the law and rendering opinions on the same
- Preparing and dispatching correspondences
- Communicating and meeting SIC’s Clients
- Assisting the Legal Officer in securitizing title documents
- Carry any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor of Law degree from a recognized institution
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Computer skills including Ms Word and Ms Excel
- Communication and report writing skills.
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum 2 (two) years’ working experience
If you meet the above requirements kindly send your application to email@example.com before 30th September 2019.