Safaricom Investment Co-operative (SIC) an investment cooperative set up in 2009 under the Co-operatives Act Cap 490, seeks to fill the position of a Unit Manager in charge of the housing business.
- The Housing Unit Manager will be an integral part of the Senior Management team, reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- With respect to matters relating to new and existing investments, the Unit Manager will work with the respective Functions’ Managers and specialist teams.
Requirements of the Role
- Demonstrable experience in real estate sector especially housing business.
- Skills and Competencies in:
- Housing projects construction value chain management.
- Real estate business development.
- Conducting due diligence and supporting developing investment proposals for new investments in housing.
- Portfolio management of existing housing investments.
- Providing general support to the senior management team on housing operational matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Housing Unit Leadership and Management
- Champion development and Implementation of a comprehensive and innovative strategy for the housing business unit.
- Deliver negotiated housing unit returns as per Board risk Appetite guidelines and Investment Policy.
- Spearheading housing projects onboarding process(es) and activities.
- Managing the housing unit technical, business and sales team.
- Stakeholder management in housing investments.
- Oversight and control of external contractor(s) and housing unit vendor teams.
- Contract management of actors in housing construction and selling activities.
- Key stakeholder in market research and gathering of industry intelligence in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the key project progress milestones.
- Oversight quality control and value for money procurement.
- Forge strategic partnerships with key actors in the housing business including financing partners, forward and backwards aggregators, regulatory and key supervisory units..
- Liaise with risk management teams to mainstream the Housing Unit’s key risks in the ERM Framework and configure a controlled environment within the Unit.
- Deliver thought leadership on housing sector.
Work closely with the senior team in the firm to manage the day-to-day activities of the unit and overall financial performance of the firm:
- Participate in budget and investment target setting.
- Work with the corporate team on overall strategy, cost-management, and operational objectives.
- Monitor and deliver the financial performance against agreed KPIs; and
- Contribute to external reporting.
Professional and Academic Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in either Engineering, Architecture, Building Economics or Construction Management.
- A post graduate degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- MUST be registered with a relevant professional body.
Knowledge and Skills
- Not less than 5-7 years’ experience in a real estate sector at management level.
- Excellent entrepreneurial, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collegiate working style with a strong management capability.
- Ability to develop and manage strategic relationships with funders, peer organizations and potential invest.
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your applications to email@example.com by 27th August,2021.