Safaricom Investment Co-operative (SIC) an investment cooperative set up in 2009 under the Co-operatives Act Cap 490, seeks to fill the position of Project Clerk.
Overall purpose of the job
The Project Clerk’s main role is to handle Titling documentation and support the projects and legal department meet its objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Transfer land to the buyer’s name and title processing
- Processing of transfer, lease, and charge documents
- Create specific strategies for easier and effective execution of transfers
- Assist in preparation of legal documents
- Organize large amounts of legal documents and letters.
- Facilitating service of legal documents.
- Organizing the legal and projects Department Registry.
- Coordinate the filing of service of legal documents in courts of law.
- Co-ordinate with the external service providers on registration of transfers and any other legal documents
- Filing court documents and any other legal documents
- Following up matters at the court registry and land’s registry
- Submit reports on clerical matters handled
- Coordinate the filing of service of legal documents in courts of law
- Undertake routine errands to public registries, courts, and other relevant offices
- Coordinate the filing of service of legal documents in courts of Law
- providing any other legal clerical services that may be required by the Society
- Diploma /Degree in Law
- Possession of a valid Process Server’s Certificate
- Diploma in project management is a definite advantage
Knowledge and skills
- Three (3) years proven working experience as a clerk
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures, and court system
- Legal clerk /work in a real Estate company or Law Firm
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to manage time effectively
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your applications to email@example.com by Friday 27thAugust, 2021.