Overall purpose of the job
The job holder is responsible for the circulation of all documents in SIC.
Duties and responsibilities
- Circulation of documents in the different departments and the directors of SIC
- Ride and deliver/collect assignments as directed
- Observe all Health & Safety riding and driving-related policies to ensure the consistent safety of persons, materials, equipment, and vehicle
- Report all matters relating to assigned motorcycle to the supervisor.
- Responsible for updating the riders’ Logbook daily with the required information.
- Record information, such as items picked and delivered, sign for the package on collection, and get an appropriate person to sign for it upon delivery.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with all contact points
- Ensure packages are delivered in good condition.
- Maintain the motorbike/vehicle in a presentable clean state.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ensure compliance with proper traffic rules governing road usage
- Ensure paramount safety of motorbike, official items, and company property always.
- Advise supervisor when the motorbike is due for service
- Perform pre-start checks before commencement of any journey
- To operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner
- To undertake ad-hoc assignment or duties assigned by management when required
- Any other duty assigned by the management/directors from time to time.
- Minimum KCSE Certificate
- At least 3 (three) years’ experience as a driver and driver
- Valid Driving license class BCE and class F approval.
Knowledge and skills
- Must have a clean driving / riding record.
- Must have good customer service skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years ‘experience riding with good geographical knowledge of Nairobi and its environs.
- Must have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Must be familiar with traffic laws
- Able to handle challenges and be proactive.
- Be honest, respectful, and trustworthy.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and must have good communication skills
- Candidates with Defensive Driving certification have an added advantage
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by18th June, 2021.